Monday, January 26, 2009

I Heart You

Valentines Day
...the very word sends shudders down the spines of single gals everywhere! A worldwide pity party takes place every February 14th as the singletons don their black ensembles & hunker down for the day of depression!

Well guess what ladies??? In lieu of a pity party this year I'm going to embrace it! Wear red & perhaps even venture out of the house to celebrate with my single gal pals! Please know that this isn't some "I don't need a man" feminist stand! (y'all know I love me some men & would gladly let one take over so I can get a break over here!) I just think it's time we (& by "we" I mean me) stop feeling sorry for ourselves & thinking of what could be & focus on where we are at right now & how we can embrace the love that is already in our lives.

So my birds, I'm having a little Celebratory Promo in the shop through Valentines Day. A lovely gift with purchase. Buy anything in the shop & receive one of several surprise gifts (rings, brooches & maybe even a pair of earrings!) ...a gift for your man-less girlfriend perhaps? Or maybe a pick me up for your mom? Or maybe you just need to show yourself some love! Just write IHeartU in the message to seller note when you check out & wait for your surprise in the mail!

*************************

I whipped up a few more heart themed pieces of jewelry
(I even managed to sneak then into the shop this morning!)

~All You Need Is Love~

& this next one makes me especially happy,
the story came to me very quickly when I sat down to post it.
~I {heart} No48~
...she came to every one of his football games. Scanning the field for No48. Her eyes would find his & she'd blow him a good luck kiss. He never lost a game as long as she was there.


I have lots more to share with you birdlings (I gave my first jewelry making lesson this weekend!) but first I must eat & get some work done (lots of baubles bouncing around in my head right now waiting to get out!)! Perhaps we'll meet again this evening :)

XOXO,
Johanna

3 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

Oh my goodness Johanna. I loved this post! Loved it!

I purchased the 'All You Need is Love' necklaces. For myself. From my husband! ;o) LOL. I had been hinting at a charm bracelet I wanted from etsy. This morning he broke the news that he went to buy it and it was sold out, and gave me permission to pick something else out. How romantic is that!?!?

I hear ya, though, girl. I was single MUCH longer than the good majority of my friends. And it was always fine to be single until that darn Feb 14th rolled around. Ugh. Even when I had sub-par boyfriends, I hated the day. It was just a reminder that I hadn't found my 'one' yet.

Oh, but hindsight is always 20/20. You've hit it right on the head. ENJOY where you are. Being married is so wonderful, truly. But all the fabulousness you and the fun things you get to do as a single person are altered so drastically when you get married. It is bittersweet for me. I so enjoyed my single years, as I'm sure you did. I couldn't WAIT to get married, though, and thought I would never look back! While I absolutely have no regrets, I do look back at my single years often, with a reminiscent nostalgia and a tug at the heartstrings.

Oh my goodness I'm such a rambler. I know you get it. Seriously sorry for rambling. I can't wait to get my necklaces 'from my husband.' I know I'll love them and where them probably every single day!

Good Girls Studio said...

Tara you crack me up! I know what you mean though, I'm actually divorced so I have 20/20 + 20 vision :)

Kate said...

Hot damn, Jo! That's one fine attitude you got there! V-Day sucks with or without a man. I realized that the hard way. How's that for self pity?