Friday, February 20, 2009

Treasure Trove


~Dynasty~
Her love would live forever...
Ruling over kingdoms yet to come
As the jewels would sparkle forever
Preserved in her crown for a lifetime

Would you like to see it on??
It is not for the shy in spirit!

But then again...
no one has ever accused me of being
a delicate flower {smirk}
********************

I have a secret to share with you birds!
~Shhhhh~
No, it is not about the job
(that didn't take! so don't worry your pretty
tale feathers off thinking I'm leaving you!)
My studio is cleaned & organized & I am so over joyed with the sheer glory of it all that I thought I'd let you peek into my vintage jewelry boxes. That is where I keep my most precious of hidden treasures! I love opening them & wondering what their former owner hid in them??? Pearls from her grandmother? Diamonds from a lover? Teeth from her stint at playing Tooth Fairy :) (hehehe , that is what I found on my mother's jewelry box as a child! It was very eeeewwww & yucky & also sad at the knowledge that there was no sneaky fairy all dressed up in wings and covered in wonderland dust breaking & entering at night whilst we were asleep!)

&&&&
(Click on the boxes to see a close up of the treasures)
I'm on the look out for more jewelry boxes but I think I'll have to hit up the flea market as I payed as much in shipping as I did for the boxes alone!

What are you chickadees up to this weekend?
I have a meeting at an ungoldy hour tomorrow morning & then off to a roller skating bday party for one of T's friends. Let's hope we both come back with all our bones attached :)

Tootles,
Johanna

PS: Tyler announced this morning that he is now a man & thus he would not like cuddles while being tucked into bed! I will cry myself to sleep tonight as my 7 yr old sleeps in his own hugless bed :(

No comments: