Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tweeters

...Wherein Johanna makes some new ornamental
friends!

I've had these little birdies flying around for awhile now & thought they needed a perch to set upon (all those wings flapping & feathers flying were starting to get on my nerves!). A dear friend of mine gave me a whole treasure trove full of vintage wooden thread spools & I thought they looked very happy sitting atop!



Embellishments include: Once Upon a Time mat stack paper & lots of gold glitter (except for the one that is still full of honey hued thread). I pushed wire through some of there little foamy bodies (don't worry , it didn't hurt! They didn't make a peep!) so that I could thread ribbon through & hang them from the tree. The red headed tweeter lucked out & gets to hang out with me at my desk : ) Poor thing, his tail fell off & had to be glued back on!Yikes!

Are you birdlings bustling about in the holiday spirited swing of thin (I say attempts since I can't even seem gs?? This weekend will be full of holiday baking attempts & more crafty goodness! I'm hoping to make some more jewelry but my workspace is a mess of vintagey inspiration piles that haven't a home yet to be moved to.

1 comment:

Kate said...

My gosh they're so cute! I got my ornament the other day. I can't remember if I told you already or not. I think I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached.