Monday, November 5, 2007

No Pain No Gain

Don't you hate the sometimes shocking burning pain that comes along with a learning experience?!? Shocking burning pain??? ( & you're thinking....What kind of lesson was she learning???) Let's just say sometimes the learning curve is very steep when you've had 8 cups of coffee on an empty stomach & you decide to play w/a soldering iron! :) ....So yeah, I was soldering this little number:

Here forth known as exhibit A!

Soldered on the chain & picked it up by a petal & immediately dropped it because it ... WAS ...HOT...(imagine that!) So...bright girl that I am, I picked it up by the chain which was (score!) not hot! & promptly held it against my neck to see if it was the right length (are you seeing where this is going ????) ....sizzle...sizzle...sizzle went my neck! I think my DNA may be a permanent piece of this necklace :) Nice!...Lesson learned (hopefully)....No touchy hot copper ;)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man, I LOVE this necklace. I'm sorry you were injured, though. Will you consider making more, or at least one more for my future wholesale order???

Jenn Ski said...

It's beautiful!

There was an error in this gadget