Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hard Headed Woman

Hello my lovelies! Long time no talk! I was crazy busy this holiday season! Hope you all had a wonderful time spent with family & friends!

...I've been doing a lot of pondering as I plan out this new year. Thinking about what I can do differently to be more consistent, what is a reoccurring theme in my life that I can change for the better... A friend recently told me that if the same scenario keeps happening in one's life that they want to fix, the place to look first is at yourself.

How am I contributing to this outcome?

That line of thinking led me to more pondering (I like that word a lot better than obsessing...lol) about my relationships...particularly with men (shocker!). I remembered how one of my ex-boyfriends used to say my head was full of rocks because I was SO HARD HEADED!! (I'm sure he meant that in the nicest way possible...hahaha)

But then a lightbulb went on in my head this morning as it occurred to me he was right! & you know what???

It is true :)
&
... it is a blessing
(more often than a curse)!

How else would I be strong enough to run my own business, raise a boy (who is as sarcastic as me) on my own, take on another full time job & live this crazy life to the fullest if I wasn't so hard headed & determined!!


How would I be able to work so hard, & love what I do so fully & take ridiculous chances & trust & trust & trust that I am using the talent that God blessed me with if I was meek & mild & wishy washy ... head full of rocks indeed ;)

I think the next time someone tells me I'm stubborn & hard headed I'll just smile at them knowingly & hand them one of my business cards.
Good Girls always get the last smirk ;)



Here's to a fabulous sparkling 2011!


This year will not get the better of me,
I've got my sparkling baubles & high heels on
& am ready to kick its butt!
Who's with me???

PS: I am much more consistent about posting on my FaceBook Fan page...won't you join me there?

4 comments:

Saving Capulet said...

you go girl! completely agree to this! kudos for hard headed and independent women <3

Andrea said...

Welcome back!
I wholehearted{~eared~} hear you.
It's good that you can seriously look at yourself and see both your good and your bad.
Here's to a wonderful 2011 and head filled with gems to be...
xo
Andrea

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Those pieces of yours are lovely. I think hard headed is a good thing too, if it allows you to be confident and independent.

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

alexkeller said...

i'm with you!!!