Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back to Reality

Hello my birds
&
Happy Belated 4th of July!

~My little freedom fighter~

The Boy & I skipped out of town with my family for a week but we're finally back, burnt to a crisp, but back :)

I am an SPF70 girl but even then...
...I burn in the shade...
...covered up....
...in the darkest of nightfall ;)

We spent tons of time lazing about reading, going to the beach & crabbing at the river shore!

A few of my fave pics....

~Face painting at the Croaker Festival~

~Beach Bums~

~Beach Skies~

~Crabbies~

~Only in the South'ish~

& a vacation wouldn't be complete without
a few crafty projects thrown in for good measure!


I had packed along some fabric & ribbon & my niece & I scrounged around for needles & thread. We whipped up tons of yo-yo's (here's an easy tutorial) & then sewed some together for bib necklaces for her & my mom.

~My niece modeling hers~

I think I'm taking the yellow one's
& embellishing a T-shirt with them for myself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I guess it's time I got back to work...
new commissions to design thanks to the free press on Sunday!

Did you local Raleigh birds see the Best of the Blogs section in Sundays News & Observer? This blog post featuring little 'ol me was in that article, pictures & all :)


whoohooo!

If you're interested in having your own collection revamped shoot me an email!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats!
Sounds like a great trip...I love the yo-yo's {didn't realize that was the name...} esp. the yellow ones! :)
I burn in the dark too...fair with red hair...No other option is there?
xo
Andrea

SewSweetStitches said...

Aww your niece is so cute, and that farmer sign- hilarious!